William’s huge wish defied by Meghan and Harry as ‘deceitful’ Diana interview aired in doc ~ Dec. 8, 2022

___________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Prince William said in May last year he believed Princess Diana’s interview with BBC’s Panorama “should never be aired again”.

The Duke of Sussex mentioned the interview between ex-BBC reporter Martin Bashir and Princess Diana in the first episode of Harry & Meghan. In the newly-released Netflix docu-series, Prince Harry praised his mother for trying to “protect” him and his brother Prince William from the media attention and the paparazzi when they were children. 

Harry & Meghan: First look at final three Netflix episodes

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Duke of Sussex mentioned the interview between ex-BBC reporter Martin Bashir and Princess Diana in the first episode of Harry & Meghan. In the newly-released Netflix docu-series, Prince Harry praised his mother for trying to “protect” him and his brother Prince William from the media attention and the paparazzi when they were children. 

Related articles

Before images of Diana confronting a photographer during a skiing holiday with her children flashed on the screen, the Duke said: “She took it upon herself to basically confront these people.” 

The Duke then added: “I think she had to live the experience of how she was struggling, living that life. She felt compelled to talk about it… especially in that Panorama interview.” 

Speaking of the controversial programme, Harry then said: “I think we all now know she was deceived into giving the interview, but at the same time, she spoke the truth of her experience.”

The docu-series then showed clips from the sit-down interview aired in November 1995 by the BBC.   

Before images of Diana confronting a photographer during a skiing holiday with her children flashed on the screen, the Duke said: “She took it upon herself to basically confront these people.” 

The Duke then added: “I think she had to live the experience of how she was struggling, living that life. She felt compelled to talk about it… especially in that Panorama interview.” 

Speaking of the controversial programme, Harry then said: “I think we all now know she was deceived into giving the interview, but at the same time, she spoke the truth of her experience.”

The docu-series then showed clips from the sit-down interview aired in November 1995 by the BBC. 

 The choice to include images from the Panorama interview may upset Prince William. 

Last year, after the damning Lord Dyson report found Mr Bashir had obtained access to Diana by using deceitful means including faking bank statements and claiming Charles‘s wife was being spied on, the heir to the throne said in a blistering statement: “It is my firm view that this Panorama programme holds no legitimacy and should never be aired again.

“It effectively established a false narrative which, for over a quarter of a century, has been commercialised by the BBC and others.

“This settled narrative now needs to be addressed by the BBC and anyone else who has written or intends to write about these events.”   

___________

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.