Active volcanoes prompted ash warnings and set nerves on edge in Italy, Mexico and the Democratic Republic of Congo over the weekend.
Mount Etna showered ash over Catania in eastern Sicily Sunday and forced the temporary suspension of airport operations. Ash also briefly closed Mexico City’s largest airport and the eruption of Volcano Popocatépetl prompted officials to urge people to avoid traveling near it.
The Nyamulagira volcano in the Democratic Republic of Congo also continued ongoing activity and lava flow.
The volcanoes are among nearly 50 volcanoes active around the world
Explainer:The tremendous explosion and impact of the Tonga volcano
Volcano Popocatépetl prompts warnings in Mexico City
Volcanic ash from Popocatépetl triggered the temporary closure of Mexico City’s Benito Juárez International Airport on Saturday, according to the U.S. Embassy. Flight delays related to the presence of ash also were reported Monday.
CNN reported that millions were warned to prepare for possible evacuation Popocatépetl, as authorities closed schools in dozens of municipalities.
- People were urged not to travel within a 7.5 mile radius of the volcano and to avoid the crater, “due to the danger of falling ballistic fragments,” according to Mexico’s National Center for Communication and Civil Protection Operations.
- The volcano has experienced explosions, tremors and exhalations of vapor, gas and ashes for weeks, according to monitoring reports from the national center and the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Ash fell across more than a dozen municipalities over the weekend.
- Volcano Popocatepetl lies near Puebla, about 45 miles southwest of Mexico City.
- CNN reported 25 million people live within a 60-mile radius of the volcano.
- Watch Popocatepetl on webcams
Several Volcano’s are erupting
In a short period of time
South America & Europe,…
Italy Central Europe !!
Volcano Erupts !!
In Sicilia 🌋💥🔥⚡️
One thought on “Volcanoes are erupting on three continents – May 23, 2023”
It’s getting HOT here.Maybe we can do what Big Foot does: he is
interdimensional and therefore, he can simply disappear and vanish.
We have heard of people who can do that. No spaceship needed. We
are our own spaceship !