News Burst 24 January 2020
- [Hacking] To explain it in a simple way, today’s hacking for many is like going to ‘knock and run’. The difference is that now the server/software always answers ‘who is it?’, You don’t need to run away anymore, and if one is really good at it he can answer ‘it’s me don’t you recognizing me?’ and if you’re recognized you’re in. Internet Explore was a joy for many hackers, it seemed made on purpose, a training app that combined with Outlook was a guarantee of quick learning!
- The Brexit withdrawal agreement outlining conditions of the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union drafted by Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s government has become a law after Queen Elizabeth II signed it on Thursday.
- Millions of Americans who lived through the financial crisis probably recall that not a single executive of a major investment bank was jailed in the aftermath, despite running organizations seemingly dedicated to perpetuating a criminal fraud on nearly every counterparty and client.
- At least one executive of a major opioid manufacturer and distributor was sentenced to five-and-a-half years in federal prison for an illegal kickback scheme that effectively involved bribing doctors to prescribe potentially lethal doses of fentanyl. The same poison sold a painkiller made from the same ultra-powerful synthetic opioid responsible for tens of thousands of deaths across America.
- Beijing cancels Lunar New Year’s celebrations.
- Almost half of the 17 people killed by the Wuhan coronavirus so far were aged 80 or over and most of them had pre-existing health problems, according to China’s health authorities. Children have been infected, but are not highly susceptible to the virus, they said. Details of the fatalities released on Thursday showed the youngest person was 48 and the oldest 89.
- The hotel room at Singapore Shangri-La’s Resort occupied by the first patient to test positive for the Wuhan virus has been “thoroughly disinfected and sanitised”, said the Shangri-La Group.
- Three American crew helping to battle Australia’s devastating bushfires were killed Thursday when their water-bombing plane crashed in mountainous terrain during a sortie to tackle another outbreak of the deadly blazes. Officials said the Hercules C-130 plane erupted in a large fireball on impact in a national park the Snowy Mountains shortly before 1.30pm.
- 7 Chinese cities, around 23 million people, effectively under quarantine;
- Multiple cases across the world – from Scotland to Singapore and USA;
- 634 Infected (according to Chinese officials);
- 18 Dead (following 1st death outside Wuhan).
Strongest EQ in Europe M4.4 Italy
Strongest EQ in US M3.0 Texas
Strongest EQ on the Planet M6.2 Tanaga Volcano, Alaska
Deepest EQ M5.5 560 km Argentina News Burst 24 January 2020