News Burst 12 January 2020
- Omani Sultan Qaboos bin Said al-Said passed away on Friday, leaving no apparent heir as the monarch had no children [……..] and never appointed a successor.
- Iran’s Priests admit: B737 unintentionally shot down because of “human error”, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said on Saturday. The Iranian military also confirmed in a statement on state TV that the jet was brought down unintentionally as it flew close to a sensitive military installation. According to the statement, the parties responsible will be held accountable by the judiciary.
- The Tor Missile System that downed the B737, (also called the SA-15 Gauntlet by NATO), is a short-range “point defense” system that integrates the missile launcher and radar into a single tracked vehicle—is designed to be mobile and lethal against targets at altitudes up to 6,000 meters (20,000 feet) and at ranges of 12 kilometers (7.5 miles).
- Airports have flight paths in case of severe problems after takeoff that require immediate landing, these tracks avoid interfering with incoming traffic; someone might say the aircraft was turning back to land due to tech problem and was shooted because they tought it was an attack, very unlikely. Instead, the Clones in Iran did what they had to do, period.
- Time to go for the Iranian Priests of the Inquisition, time to go back to the dark age where they belong and give back the Power to the People, Iran’s Patriots Unite!
- Soft Disclosure: TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) discovered the first known Earth-sized planet in a zone where liquid water could exist on the surface of a terrestrial planet.
- Millions of Taiwanese cast votes Saturday in a closely watched presidential and parliamentary election that has seen the island’s fraught relationship with China take centre stage.
- Japanese authorities have requested the International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO) for an Interpol wanted notice for the wife of former Nissan Motor. They are stuck in Lebanon, the former Swiss of the Middle East.
- David Drummond Chief Legal Officer of Alphabet Inc. resigned amid investigation into his relationships with several women at the company, including one who said he fathered a child with her and then neglected them.
- Network Solutions (NS) took down 88 other domains belonging to Jim Watkins because they don’t like 8kun.top. The 88 were listed with NS but 8kun is not and thus will be much harder to take down.
- Middle East expert Michael Doran slammed former Secretary of State John Kerry in a series of tweets exposing the Obama administration’s dealings with Iran. “I must become a whistleblower,” Doran tweeted Friday in response to a self-serving opinion piece by Kerry published by The New York Times. “I know for a fact that the Obama admin sent letters – plural – directly to Soleimani.”
- Impeachment was becoming irrrelevant fast so Pelosi decided to end her self-imposed hold on the articles and turn them over.
- New Tech Soft Disclosure: Army scientists have developed a radically new quantum device that can store many quantum excitation patterns at once, opening the door for the creation of a quantum network. A quantum network is the Holy Grail for scientists because it likely can never be wiretapped and it would offer extraordinarily powerful computing and sensing capabilities.
- US President Donald Trump has appealed directly to the protesters in the streets of Iran. “To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I’ve stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage,” Trump wrote both in English and Farsi, addressing the protesters in Iran.
Strongest EQ in Europe M4.9 Marmara SeaStrongest EQ in US M3.9 AlaskaStrongest EQ on the Planet M5.9 Puerto RicoDeepest EQ M4.8 518 km Fiji IslandsNews Burst 12 January 2020