News Burst 2 September 2019
- Speaker Pelosi orders House Judiciary Panel to draft articles of impeachment. The party is considering multiple articles of impeachment, including charges of abuse of power, bribery, etc. etc.
- The number of people killed by Typhoon Kammuri’s pounding of the Philippines this week has hit 13.
- Hong Kong gives protesters green light for big march on Sunday.
- A 23-year-old rape victim was set ablaze by a gang of men, including the alleged rapist, as she made her way to court in northern India.
- The United States has imposed sanctions on 17 individuals allegedly linked to a Russia-based cyber-criminal organisation called Evil Corp that coordinated malware attacks to steal some $100 million in 40 countries.
- Netanyahu’s top aides indicted on corruption charges in submarine affair probe. The corruption scheme, known as Case 3000, that involved bribes to Israeli officials for soliciting multi-million-dollar state contracts on nuclear submarines with German company Thyssenkrupp.
- Indian official figures showed the economy grew just 4.5 per cent in the second quarter, the slowest rate in six years, and the hunt for work becomes more desperate every day as India’s economic slowdown bites deeper.
- Boeing sent a letter to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission indicating how “significant additional regulatory requirements or delays” on the troubled 737 Max could cause it to slash or “temporarily halt production.”
- A nationwide strike brought much of France to a standstill on Thursday (Dec 5) to protest the government’s planned overhaul of the pension system, one of President Emmanuel Macron most ambitious reforms.
- A Russian national who runs Evil Corp – the world’s most harmful cyber crime group that created and deployed malware causing financial losses totaling hundreds of millions of pounds in the UK alone – has been indicted in the United States following unprecedented collaboration between the NCA, the FBI and the National Cyber Security Centre. Yakubets, who drives a customized Lamborghini supercar with a personalized number plate that translates to ‘Thief’ and spent over a quarter of a million pounds on his wedding, is now subject to a $5 million US State Department reward – the largest ever reward offered for a cyber criminal.
- October marked the highest month on record with 172 chief executives leaving their posts, according to business and executive coaching firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
- Algeria to hold presidential election on December 12.
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has urged all countries to suspend the introduction of digital service taxes as nations work towards a multilateral deal on international taxation.
- The National UFO Reporting Center gets witness accounts of unidentified flying objects every year from people in Colorado and elsewhere. In 2019, so far, 1800 sightings has been in Colorado, 143 in North Carolina, here some:
- A multi-colored pulsing light lasting 30 min.
- 3 “whitish yellow” spheres.
- Low flying globe of light crossing the sky, no sound.
- Object like “a big star” that would ‘explode into a ball of gas’.
- Orange pulsating orbs moving in straight line across the sky.
- A circular silver object hovering in the sky.
- Like a ‘scrambler’ ride from the fair spinning in a circle like a top.
- Tropical Cyclone Ambali (fmr Seven) 70 kts ↑ 1004 hPa ↓ Indian Ocean
- Tropical Cyclone Two 39 kts ↑ 1000 hPa ↓ Indian Ocean – N of Madagascar Moving SW
- Tropical Cyclone Pawan 39 kts ↑ 1006 hPa ↑ Indian Ocean
- Tropical Cyclone Three 35 kts – 1006 hPa – Indian Ocean
- Tropical Cyclone Six 39 kts – 1009 ↑ hPa Indian Ocean – Moving NE
Strongest EQ in Europe M3.8 Greece
Strongest EQ in US M3.8 California
Strongest EQ on the Planet M5.6 Kuril Island, Russia
Deepest EQ M4.6 306 km Celebes, IndonesiaNews Burst 2 September 2019